I don’t know about you, but with so much media hype concerning obesity and its association with Type II Diabetes, I tend to feel like some sort of a criminal every time I find myself longing for a sweet snack. I’m not even overweight, and neither do I have diabetes, so why shouldn’t I indulge from time to time. We all enjoy our snacks, and many of us know of the risks involved, so wouldn’t it be great if we could find super tasty snacks that are actually good for us?
Yes, of course we can munch on some salads, but what about things like chocolate and fudge, and all things nice. Well, the folk over at Vitalicious claim to have found the ideal solution. They make a wide variety of decadent snacks which, shockingly enough, are actually loaded with nutrients, minerals and vitamins.
Now, if you visit their website, you will be left with very little doubt that they do in fact make and sell snacks which are both delicious and nutritious, but does that mean you can actually expect a hassle free experience if you place an online order? Let’s take a closer look, keeping in mind that this review is based on the general opinions of countless customers.
Vitalicious in a Nutshell
According to their website, Vitalicious is a Company that specializes in producing baked goods which is designed to promote a healthier lifestyle without taste being sacrificed. Their products are said to be low in calories and fat, while at the same time being high in fiber and nutrients.
The Company operates under various trademarks, including VitaTop™, VitaMuffin™, VitaBrownie™, and VitaCake. All their baked goods are made from 100% natural ingredients, and all are fortified with a range of vitamins and minerals. Their produce is sold at regular brick and mortar stores throughout the United States, and also online via the Vitalicious website. Founded in 1999, Vitalicious® is considered to be the first company to occupy this particular niche.
Why would you or wouldn’t you want to order snacks from them?
- Healthy snacks – The fact that their snacks are actually healthy for you is of course the biggest attraction for most customers.
- Wide selection – They have a massive selection of snacks to choose from, and they have now also started introducing some savory snacks.
- Convenience – You can shop for your decadent treats from the comfort of your living room.
- Satisfaction guarantee and returns accepted – The Company has a “100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee” policy. If customers are not happy with their orders, they can return them for a full refund.
- A healthy option – Regardless of whether you are concerned about your weight or not, it’s great to know that you can enjoy things like cakes; muffins and biscuits without having to feel guilty. According to the vendor’s website, their products which are all made from whole grain average about 100 calories per serving; they are low in sodium; low in fat and they contain no cholesterol. At the same time, they contain 4 to 10g of fiber; 3 to 5g of protein, and a combination of 15 different vitamins and minerals.
- Snacks for everyone – whether you like crunchy cookies with your tea or coffee; or whether you prefer tasty cakes and muffins, you’ll almost certainly be able to find an irresistible treat on the Company’s website.
- Convenient shopping – You can order all the snacks you want right from the comfort of your living room, or even during your lunch break at work. It’s also a great solution for those times when you need to give someone a gift and you are not sure what to give him or her.
- Good customer service – While I personally have never had a reason to deal with the Company’s customer service department, I have gone out of my way to find out what sort of experience other customers have had. Based on my research, the Company appears to have a very responsive and very efficient customer service department. Customers are able to contact customer service via email; live chat, or via a toll free telephone number. It should be noted though that live chat and phone support are only available Monday to Friday from 08h00 to 18h00 EDT.
- Generous “returns” policy – While reviews mentioning returns are few and far between, I have come across a few where customers have expressed 100% satisfaction with the way in which refund requests were dealt with.
- Encourage poor dietary habits – While all the snacks available from this Company are generally considered to be healthy for you, it needs to be said that they cannot and should not be used to substitute real food.
- Could lead to weight gain – Vitalicious products are NOT weight loss products even though they are far less likely to increase your weight. However, this could give some people a false sense of security which in turn could lead to binge eating.
- Domestic shipping only – At the time of me writing this review, Vitalicious does not ship internationally.
- Allergy risks – Some Vitalicious products contain nuts and other ingredients which could cause allergic reactions. Customers with known allergies are advised to check out the labeling or to contact customer support prior to placing orders.
What might be cheap for one person might be expensive for another person. However, I personally feel that this Company offers genuine value for money. Also, one needs to keep in mind that their products are made from the very best ingredients, and they are also fortified with various vitamins and minerals, all of which affect the price. All in all, I think their prices are very reasonable.
At the time of me writing this, Vitalicious only ship their product to stores and home addresses within the United States (including Alaska and Hawaii) and Canada.
Author Recommendation and Suggestions
Would I feel confident in recommending this business or website to other people? Yes, I would be more than happy to recommend this site or this brand. However, I would also like to add a few points:
- Order responsibly – It is very tempting to get a bit carried away when you place an order, and if you end up with a ton of snacks in your home, you’ll almost certainly end up eating far more than you otherwise would have.
- If you intend ordering from them, it might be a good idea to see if you can get your hands on a discount coupon of some sort. Some coupons entitle you to free shipping, while others can shave a tidy sum of the total cost of your order.
- If there is anything at all that you are not certain about, give their Customer Service a call using the live chat feature or the toll free number before you order.
If you would like to find additional information about the Company and/or products featured in this review, then
V K Rajagopalan has not directly tested this product, but has conducted research into the alleged results of other users who claim to have used the product. The accuracy of both the publisher’s research and alleged user results cannot be guaranteed.
Some of the links in this post are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. I do not receive payment for positive reviews.