Let us face it; finding the perfect swimsuit can often be quite a challenge for women. Men of course don’t generally care what they wear to the beach or around the pool, and most are quite happy to go swimming in the first pair of shorts they get their hands on. Women on the other hand are a lot fussier, or should I say, a lot more self-conscious.
Countless high street stores stock the latest range of swimwear, but quite often, they don’t have much variety to choose from, mostly because they only have limited space. Because of this, online swimwear distributors like Swimsuits For All are doing a roaring trade. In fact, in the past ten years, the company has served more than one million customers. After reading about this I decided to do some investigative work, which would then allow me to write an unbiased review. Please read on to find out more from my Swimsuits For All review.
Swimsuits For All is an online distributor of women’s swimwear. Their fulfilment center is located in Dallas, Texas and has been operating for the past 10 years. Today the Company offers a huge range of swimwear from size 8 to size 34, and they are considered by many to be the “go to” place for Plus Size swimsuits.
According to their website, the Company is driven by the idea that every woman deserves the right to look good in a swimsuit. To this end, the Company does indeed offer a significant range of styles and sizes. Unlike many other swimwear retailers, Swimsuits For All have for the most part distanced themselves from offering very revealing bathing suits.
Let us just say, if you are looking for a very skimpy swimsuit that doesn’t leave much to the imagination, then Swimsuits For All is probably not the best place for you to shop. As a general rule, their designs typically lean toward the conservative side, with the focus being more on a classy sort of elegance.
- Convenience – Can do all your shopping from the comfort of your own home.
- Selection – Swimsuits For All have one of the biggest collections online.
- Great prices – While the Company doesn’t claim to be the cheapest, their prices are very competitive.
- Plus sizes – Unlike most retail stores, plus sizes are available in many styles and designs.
- Very easy – Shopping at Swimsuits For All is not only very convenient, but it’s also easier than you would imagine. Their website is very neatly laid out, and visitors can browse or shop by category or size. There are also a number of filters that allow you to filter by cost; color and etc. Lastly, there are easy to use tools in place to help ensure that you order the perfect size.
- Massive selection – I obviously haven’t compared Swimsuits For All to every other competing site, but I can say that they offer a significant bigger selection than many of their competitors. The number of different styles and designs is quite honestly remarkable.
- Great prices – The Company has never made any “we are the cheapest” claim, but in truth, their prices are extremely competitive.
- Good quality – Instead of trying to offer cheap bathing suits, they have instead focused on quality, along with style and design. Rather than only being able to share my own opinion, I’ve trawled through countless customer reviews in order to see what others have thought about the quality of the swimsuits. I have so far only come across a few isolated reviews in which customers complain about quality. In short, the Company clearly offers quality swimwear.
- Safe shopping – Swimsuits For All is a Better Business Bureau accredited business with an A+ rating.
- Plus sizes – When it comes to swimwear, larger women often have difficulty finding a bathing suit they like; one which looks good, and one which they will feel comfortable in. Many heavyset women also feel uncomfortable shopping for a bathing suit in regular brick and mortar stores. Swimsuits For All eliminates these issues altogether.
- Quick shipping – The Company strives to ship all orders within two business days providing you place your order before 14:00h. It should be noted though that they don’t ship on the weekends or on major public holidays.
The overwhelming majority of customers have been very satisfied with their merchandise and with the level of service they experienced. However, I do think I should also point out that some customers haven’t been quite so lucky. Here are the most common complaints I have come across:
- Prices – Some of their “full price” bathing suits can be found cheaper elsewhere. I have come across a very small number of reviews in which the authors claim that after buying their swimsuits, they later saw them being advertised for less on another website.
- Misleading advertising – Some customers have complained that Swimsuits For All has been advertising a “site-wide” sale without warning shoppers that the sale does not include clearance items. While the Company could definitely offer some clarity regarding this, I do think it is fair to say that most businesses don’t include clearance goods in their sales, since clearance goods have typically had their prices reduced significantly already.
- Refunds – Unfortunately, I have come across a number of reviews criticizing the way in which the Company handles requests for refunds. Some buyers have only been given partial refunds, while others were only offered store credit. Statistically, it would be safe to assume that some of these issues were a result of a misunderstanding. However, the number of reviews making such claims does suggest that the Company should seriously look into the matter.
Swimsuits For All are well known for their highly competitive prices, and they always seem to have some sort of a sale running. For example, at the time of me writing this, they are running a site-wide 30% off birthday sale celebrating their tenth year in business. Shoppers can also often get discount coupons.
NOTE: The best time to find good deals is during the low season.
Swimsuits For All ship their products globally, however if you live outside the United States, I would recommend discussing your shipping options with a customer service representative before placing an order.
It is also worth noting that in order to comply with local tax laws; Swimsuits For All is required to charge sales tax for orders posted to addresses in Texas and New York.
Author Recommendation and Suggestions
Would I recommend buying bathing suits from this Company? Yes I would, but I would also recommend the following:
- If at all possible, try to buy your swimsuit either during the low season or towards the end of the high season, particularly if you have your heart set on one of their more expensive swimsuits.
- Always try to limit your choices to swimsuits that are part of a sale, or ones which you might be able to get for a lower price by using a discount coupon.
- If you take a liking to one of their top end swimsuits and you discover that there is no way to get the price reduced, then I would suggest looking for the same product elsewhere to see if you can get a better deal.
- If for some reason you need to return your swimsuit for a refund, I would recommend using the “refund as store credit” option rather than their “refund to credit card” option.