Let’s face it; a slim woman can walk into virtually any clothing store on the planet, and they can immediately find plenty of clothes that would fit them perfectly. Whether they’re looking for a skirt; a dress; a blouse, or even some skimpy underwear, they very rarely face disappointment. Sadly, this is quite often not the case for larger women.
Many regular high street fashion stores simply don’t cater for larger women at all, and even those that do, will typically have a very limited range on offer. This is particularly true when it comes to things like underwear. Slender women have an almost endless variety to choose from, while bigger women have no option but to settle for the most boring designs and styles imaginable.
Fortunately, there are an ever increasing number of retailers popping up who are determined to provide bigger women with the sort of fashion clothing they desire. Hips and Curves is one such retailer, and considering they have been in business for the past 15 years, they must obviously be doing something right.
Hips and Curves initially caught my attention because the site has become immensely popular. After deciding to read through a few reviews of Hips and Curves, I found it hard to believe that negative comments regarding this company were virtually non-existent. Now, if something looks too good to be true, it usually is, so I took it upon myself to start digging deeper.
If you are considering buying anything from this company, do yourself a favor and continue reading this review, keeping in mind that I’ve written it based on my own research. In short, this review of Hips and Curves reflects the views and opinion of the overwhelming majority of people who have done business with Hips and Curves.
Hips and Curves are located in Southern California, and started trading in 2005. While the company does offer a range of regular outer clothing such as skirts; dresses and tops, their main focus is on more intimate items of clothing. This includes bras; panties; corsets; sleepwear; shapewear and etc.
According to their official website, the company’s primary goal is to provide larger women with an opportunity to experience an enjoyable; private, and 100% secure shopping experience. They carry a vast amount of stock, and they cater for all tastes and desires.
Plus size women searching for sweet and demure looking lingerie will feel as at home on the site as those women who are in search of sizzling hot lingerie. In addition to offering such an extensive variety, Hips and Curves also proclaim to provide only very high quality garments, all at very affordable prices.
- Safe and convenient shopping in a private and secure environment
- Specializes in plus sizes
- Stocks a huge variety of styles across all their current clothing categories
- Ships worldwide
- Goods can be returned in exchange for a refund (terms and conditions apply)
The pros listed here are based entirely on the views and opinions of past customers. I won’t attempt to provide as long a list as possible, but instead, I’m only going to include those “positive” aspects which are most often commented on in the many reviews I have studied.
- Plenty of choice for plus size women – Without a doubt, this is one aspect of this company which is commented on the most. In fact, some past customers have even gone as far as describing the company’s extensive variety as being “life changing” for bigger women.
- Reliable, user friendly sizing charts – A very large percentage of customers have commented on how helpful the site’s size charts are. Based on the reviews I have studied, if you make use of the site’s size charts, there is very little chance of a customer receiving something that doesn’t fit.
- Customer Service – The Company appears to have a very helpful and very efficient customer service department. As a general rule, one typically only sees negative comments relating to customer service. However, this is definitely not the case with Hips and Curves. To the contrary, countless customers have reported a very high level of service, and after having compared dates and so on, it certainly seems as though this high level of service is consistent.
- Return and Refunds – The Company offers all customers a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, and once again, the many reviews I’ve studied do suggest that the Company does in fact honor their guarantee. It is however worth noting that certain terms and conditions apply. For example, in order to qualify for a Full Refund the item must be returned within 30 days. If you return the item any later than that, a 15% restocking fee is deducted from the refund. Additionally, all returns must be unworn and still have all the labels and tags.
I know this might seem too good to be true, but it has been almost impossible for me to find anything about this Company which past customers are unhappy about. Nonetheless, some customers have hinted that there is some room for improvement.
- No Exchange Policy – While the Company will gladly issue refunds, they don’t currently offer any sort of exchange service. In other words, if you discover that you have ordered something which is one or two sizes too small, you will need to return it for a refund and then place a new order.
- Only 30 days allowed for refunds – Some international customers might not be able to return an item within 30 days due to longer shipping times. However, because the Company ships all international orders via FedEx, there really isn’t much chance of this happening unless an order is delayed by Customs officers in the recipient’s country.
Pricing on the site is very reasonable. Shoppers can no doubt find cheaper clothing elsewhere online, but virtually all Hips and Curves customers believe they got good value for their money. All prices are listed in USD.
Hips and Curves currently ship to all global destinations. However, since the company is based in the United States, all correspondence is in English only. Furthermore, international shipping costs might push the price up to a point where placing an order becomes impractical.
Reviewer Recommendations and Suggestions
Based on my own opinion, as well as on the views and opinions of countless customers, I cannot see any reason to avoid using this Company. However, I would recommend the following:
- If you live outside the United States, I think it would be wise to not only consider the higher shipping costs, but also the fact that the price you pay might well increase due to currency exchange rates. Of course this will depend on which country you live in.
- When shopping on the site, take your time and read some of the information provided which relates to choosing the ideal size. There is some really useful information available, and reading it might just help you to avoid delays and disappointment.
If you would like to find additional information about the Plus Size clothing offered by the vendor featured in this review, then
Kalpana Rajagopalan has not directly tested this product, but has conducted research into the alleged results of other users who claim to have used the product. The accuracy of both the publisher’s research and alleged user results cannot be guaranteed.
Some of the links in this post are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. I do not receive payment for positive reviews.