Buying stuff online is easy and convenient, but as you probably already know, there is always a certain element of risk. This is exactly why so many of us have a tendency to look for product reviews or company reviews before we actually go ahead and order anything online. Studying reviews of a particular company or product can in some cases save you from a considerable amount of hassle, but at the same time, it can be very time consuming.
In this Barstool Direct review, I have done the legwork for you. Before I continue, I must point out that I have not been paid to write this review. It’s also not based on one single good or bad experience. Instead, it reflects the opinions of a much greater audience, with that audience being real life, past and present customers.
Barstool Direct – A Brief Overview
Barstool Direct opened for business in 2004, and as the name implies, its primary focus is to offer an extensive range of barstools, along with a range of bar tables. While their prices are very reasonable, emphasis is clearly on quality rather than on low prices. This also explains why you will find some of the top brands being offered on their site.
The Company, which is part of the TSCShops group, promises to provide all their customers with a seamless shopping experience that is both fun and secure. Barstool Direct is also the official “Authorized Dealer” for swivel stools advertised on the site, all of which are covered by a Manufacturer’s Warranty.
- Convenience of being able to shop for bar furniture from the comfort of your own home
- Probably the world’s best selection of barstools, both in terms of styles and brands
- No VAT (Sales Tax) other than for buyers in California
- Free shipping to all 48 US continental states
- User Friendly Website – As is always the case, ordering bar furniture from Barstool Direct is hugely convenient, but many customers have also commented on how user friendly their website is. When browsing the website it soon becomes apparent that everything has been very nicely streamlined.
- Responsive Customer Service – While I have come across a number of reviews where customers have reported poor Customer Service, I can’t say I’ve seen enough of them to warrant any real concern. By far, most customers and even potential customers have reported favorably with regards to the firm’s level of customer service.
- Impressive Quality – I cannot personally comment on the quality of their products, but so far I have not come across a single report relating to poor quality, and I assure you, I have read countless reviews, both good and bad. Nearly all negative reviews have been a result of delayed shipping, but I’ll touch on that later.
- Competitive Pricing – Many shoppers love comparing prices, and judging from the many reports and reviews I’ve read, I do believe that Barstool Direct is very competitive. They also have a “Price Matching” policy in place. If you find an identical item elsewhere for less, they will either equal the price or beat it for you. I must be honest here and say that I have not personally tested their willingness to honor this policy, but feedback left by past and present customers does tend to suggest that this company is true to their word.
- Customer Satisfaction Guarantee – Like many online vendors, Barstool Direct offer a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee with all items advertised on the site. If for any reason you are not 100% happy with your purchase, you can return it for a full refund. Understandably, there are certain terms and conditions, and my advice would be to read through them on the site before you place your order.
- No VAT – The Company does not charge customers any VAT (Sales tax). However, this does not apply to customers living in California due to local Californian laws.
- Sales and Coupons – There is almost always a SALE taking place where shoppers can find really good bargains. Additionally, a quick Google search will reveal many opportunities for getting discount coupons which can then be redeemed on the site.
- Not the Cheapest – If you have a very tight budget, then you might find Barstool Direct prices a bit high. With that having been said, their prices reflect the quality of their products. I’ve studied many reviews relating to a wide range of products from this Company, and it is obvious to me that most customers feel that they got excellent value for their money. Nonetheless, I have read a handful of complaints where buyers have felt that their stools were overpriced.
- Return Shipping Charges – A few customers have reported that when they wanted to return an item, they were told they would have to pay for the return shipping. Some customers who requested a replacement product have also been billed for the shipping of the replacement product. In all fairness though, I should add that I have only found a very small number of complaints like this.
- Restocking Fees – A small number of customers have also complained about being charged a restocking fee when they returned an item. The Terms and Conditions concerning returned goods are published on the Barstool Direct website, and they do state that in certain circumstances, a restocking fee will be charged if you return something. On one hand, it’s the customer’s responsibility to read the Terms and Conditions, but on the other hand, I can understand why this policy can leave customers feeling bitter.
- Late Delivery – On some occasions customers are given an Estimated Date of Delivery when they place their orders, only to be told later that the Company has run out of stock. This can lead to very long delays, and understandably, this does upset people. Fortunately, such occurrences seem to be few and far between.
All prices are listed in USD, and there are several payment options available, including PayPal. Customers who choose to pay through PayPal can also take advantage of PayPal’s “Bill Me Later” scheme, although this option does require credit approval.
Barstool Direct currently only ships to the 48 CONTINENTAL US STATES and CANADA. If you live in Canada, you should also take note that Barstool Direct is not responsible for paying any brokerage, taxes and/or duties.
Reviewer’s Recommendation and Suggestions
If you were looking for reasonably priced good quality bar furniture, then I would certainly recommend checking out this Company. I have really dug deep trying to find fault with them, but in all honesty, they appear to have an impeccable track record. While doing my research, I was only able to find a very small number of negative reviews, and virtually all of them were related solely to delivery delays. My advice to potential customers would be:
- If you are in a big hurry to receive a particular item, contact Customer Service before you place your order, and ask them if they can confirm whether or not they do indeed have the item you want in stock.
- Take a few minutes to read through information that explains all about shipping; returns and other terms & conditions. You will find links to the relevant pages located at the bottom of most pages on the site.
If you would like to find additional information about the company featured in this review, or if you would like to explore their website, then
V K Rajagopalan has not directly tested this product, but has conducted research into the alleged results of other users who claim to have used the product. The accuracy of both the publisher’s research and alleged user results cannot be guaranteed.
Some of the links in this post are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. I do not receive payment for positive reviews.